What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Long time, no blog.

I'm not going to lie, and I know all of you have been wanting to say this too, but I miss secular media!! I love God and all, but I need skrillex. With the help of my brother, Iv'e found some good Christian bands though :) If you need some, ask meh! It seems like there's not much to do without media, but when you think about it, there's actually quite a lot to do. For instance, me, Katie, and our friend Jenine hung out all day today, with no secular media (Either than the music that was playing at T-Town, which was a constant loop of HSM, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry) We got a chance to just talk about random stuff, and just get to know each other better. And eat everything in sight, but that's a different story. Even though we aren't always necessarily having a Bible study, I think it's good how we get an opportunity to just talk with our friends and see how they're really doing, other than just the "hi, bye" friendships most of us have with each other.
"But wait Maggie, can't we do that after media fast too?"
Duh! That's the beauty of it all in my opinion. We can do all the Bible reading, fellowshipping, and journaling after the fast! It just took me the fast to sorta get me in that habit. Fellowship is a form of worship, right?
Sorry I'm writing so much, I tend to ramble. Anyways, I hope all of you are doing well! Eleven more days. Is it possible? I THINK YES!

1 Peter 3:8-9
8. Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be humble.
9. Do not repay evil for evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, you sounded like allie when you said that. :)

    that sounds really cool, though. :)

    ReplyDelete