What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Return of The Media

I tried to make a good title, probably too cheesy but the blog post won't let you down... hopefully. The end of the media fast will come differently for others. Some might look back and say "thank goodness I'm out of this mess". Others might think that "it was fine" and "it won't affect me later" but when I look back I'm going to remember this journey and how it will improve my future life. I know that media has became apart of our lives because we see it everywhere. We see it in our friends, our school, politics, pretty much everything except the Amish. We care for it and we use it for a lot of things. That transition from straight media to straight non media was a punch in the face. As I look back I realize that punch was knocking sense into me showing me that I have been blinded from the true power of God. When I was on this media fast I saw things through my daily life that seemed like it was influenced by God. I would ask him questions through my prayer and hope for an answer like he was actually talking to me but instead I would listen to music or read passages that would be like little puzzle pieces. Those puzzle pieces would be put together and form a big picture. That picture would be the answer to my questions, something that is not showed and covered when we are sucked into the excessive amount of media. I guess the real point is that we should all cut back on media and make sure that we are aware of Him and what He does for us. As I continue my journey to get closer to God I know I have to change some of my previous habits so I can make cutting out media a habit. I am so glad that I was able to do this and I'm looking forward to doing more than just one month of fasting next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment