What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, April 2, 2018

The End?

Well here we are, the media fast has been over for a couple days now and we can go back to media. However when I went back on Instagram and Snapchat I realized that I wasn't that interested in what was on there. I have learned to take a step back from everything going on in the world and see Gods point of view instead of people's point of view. There were a few times that I slipped up like when we were in the store and a song was playing I realized that I was humming along with it and I have to stop myself. Overall I have learned to focus more on God and learn more about him. Thank you to everyone who prayed and everyone who sponsored me during the fast. And to everyone who participated in this with me I hope we can remember what we have learned and not forget what the fast was about.
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment