What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weight of the World. . . .

Day two.
So, challenges? Eh not too many. For me its mainly just music. Its always hard when you get so used to listening to that one band all the time. :P
If you even want to find a great source for music, try Pandora.com I love it. :D Just type in your favorite Christian band and it makes a playlist for you. Spiffy eh?
Well this year round I've decided to pick a book of the Bible to read everyday. I chose Acts and I'm liking it so far. Its really community and outreach oriented which I love. A lot of the book has to do with spreading the word. In chapter 1 this is the verse that stood out to me the most;
"8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere--and to the ends of the earth."
Acts; chapter 1, Verse 8
Powerful stuff. It lets me know that I'm never alone when I'm sharing my faith, God's always there with me so theres nothing I need to fear. So thanks God.

~Heather Dunmoyer

1 comment: