What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 5, 2010

iPhone

So iPhone's pretty much suck when it comes to the media fast. I never really thought about how much time I spent on Facebook and playing fun apps on my phone. Now my Phone seems so lonely and plane :( I've been trying to do this first week with no media at all. Its been pretty interesting so far, I never realized that my truck has a clicker sound when I turn on my blinkers. I have so much time on my hands its kinda annoying. I have been reading a chapter of Proverbs everyday this week. Its amazing how God works because every chapter ends up reflecting on the day I have and I'm really able to see God work in my life. So i hope you all are doing well this week, only 25 more days. Anyone want to bowling some time next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment