You are in Day 2... or those of you addicted to the Bachelor are on Day 1... yes, I know who you are and Jesus still loves you.
So you might be wondering what you should do with all your time... here are 5 things you can do:
1) DO YOUR HOMEWORK... yes, it's a good idea
2) READ PHILIPPIANS (or another book in the Bible)... it's what we are studying on Sundays in March
3) PLAY A BOARD GAME WITH FRIENDS / FAMILY... or go outside and play in the rain
4) READ THE OURTHIRTY DEVOS... might only take 5 minutes but the lessons are timeless... ok, that was hokie
5) ACTUALLY TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS... texting is killing your future to interact with people. Break the trend a little... step out... maybe talk about spiritual things...
Remember, the goal of the month is NOT to stay away from secular media... it's to "strip off anything" that is hindering your relationship with God and focus your attention onto Christ...
Keep it up... I'm praying for you guys
PS... my grade-school girls are doing it too... so I know "YOU CAN DO IT" (name that movie...)
What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?
What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.
This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.
Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.