What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Media Fast!

I've loved reading everyone's posts! I am encouraged by each of you as I also fast from some of my favorite outlets, Facebook and Instagram.  I has convinced myself that I don't REALLY use them that much any more, especially since last Media Fast impacted me so much. I realized yesterday that to post on Facebook is still a habit of mine, yesterday I read an article I liked and I really wanted to re-post it...then I realized MEDIA FAST! So I didn't post it. To be honest I don't even remember the article today which makes me realize it may not have been worth posting.  

I already find myself being more productive, spending more time outside and with my puppy <3

I hope you all are taking each day to read from Proverbs! I love it, I keep Bible Gateway open on my Chrome Tab at work so not to forget to listen to it each day. The first 3 chapters have been refreshing. Those who seek wisdom will receive it, but not only wisdom, the wisdom from God. Keep reading and I am I going to do my best to read a verse twice a day...I feel like its a candy jar, you never know what is going to come out of it each time you dig into it!

Keep updating the blog and encouraging each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment