What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like the Media Fast...

      Ah, the first day of the second year. I will say that I didn't really notice a change in today's flow, as it was crazy hectic with school and project and tests. There were a couple times I picked up my phone and was surprised that there were no notifications... anywhere. It was really strange at first, but then I remembered, "Oh yeah, I'm on a Media Fast and I already logged out of Instagram." It was also kind of freeing, because I haven't been constantly bombarded with notifications and I got to do my homework much more quickly. I am really excited for the fast because I KNOW that I need a break from media; it's been clogging up my time and my life.That's the main thing I'm giving up: Instagram. The other main thing I'm giving up is secular books, which is a huge struggle for me, because I love to read, but sometimes it's hard for me to get interested in Christian novels. I'm excited to see what God's going to do with the time I would have been spending on Instagram and reading, and I pray that I will grow in my faith this month. Good luck to you all!

Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment