What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fail



I know i know i totally failed the no christian media challenge . Like there was a christian song in my head couldnt help to sing it . but no excuses ! So a good thing im getting from the media fast is a good witnesing tool . My friends try to get me towatch a secular video but i say i cnt im on the media fast . and there like why i said to help me grow closser to god bring up my grades plus i get sponserd ! And i might have gotton some of my friends to come to summer camp so i was really happy :) I think i need to be more responsible though tlking to my sponsers ive only called them once so pity on me :( . So shld i make them a cake or invite them to lunch im outta ideas. Ya but also my friends say why dnt you cheat on the media fast you will still get the money and i said no then how am i suppose to grow closer to God ? I was like oooh burn . Peace
Posted by Bubbly4christ at



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love your name "Bubbly4christ". That would be hard "no Christian media." I listen to "The Fish" radio station when I drive to and from work every day; and I couldn't imagine life without Christian music. Sorry I haven't commented before. I checked the OurThirty website at the beginning of the month and didn't see your name, then forgot to check until today! (March 21) So you are not the only one who wasn't being "responsible" :-)

    You don't need to bake a cake for your sponsor (me) :-) An e-mail sometime would be nice. I'm praying for you. Lucy lucynick@copper.net

    ReplyDelete