What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Please. (SI!)

This is song that my boyfriend's youth group sings almost every week, and I've heard every time I'm there. Its called Please by Something Like Silas. It gets me everytime. Beautiful words. So. Here they be.

Hear Your words
hear Your voice
Like the sound of rushing waters through my soul
In the company of mystery
I am lost
I am found
In the whirlwind of my mind to comprehend
All the vastness of your beauty
Lord
Please tell me in this holy fear that you are near me
In silence I will know that you will hear me Lord
(I cannot touch you
I cannot hold you
I cannot see you
But I know you)
Here I fall at your feet
Where my heart will lift its cries to be relieved from all the things that keep me from you
Lord
My soul knows that one day
When this body and this mind have perished then
I will join in heaven's songs until then

STUDENT IMPACT!
After church next Sunday, I would like to meet after church at about One-ish, at Mission Park, the one by my house. I have something I'd like to talk about with all of you. Is this a good time/place?

3 comments: