What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our Perfect Place

God has a plan for us all. Some of you sing or are in the band and come every sunday/thursday, some find it hard to come on thursdays or maybe you are just forgotten. Sometimes we feel like we know where we belong. I know I feel that way. It's like we want to tell God how to run our lives. My want is to sing. That is my true heart, but God does not want that for me right now. I want more time so I can be lazy, I want an extra donut every now and then. However God has a perfect place for me. I want friends, I want to bring more people to christ and live a "normal" highschool life. God put me where I am right now and I have to be thankful--even though I have my "ideal" life I want to lead...God is the one in charge. But wherever I go it's horrible I feel so disconnected--so far away even from my closest "friends" even my BEST friend who I tell practically everything to is a jehovah's witness!!! So I can't speak about my religion...which is pretty annoying and my friend Bryan believes in yin/yang, the matrix, grim reaper, and karma. My other friend Colin thinks religion is over rated. And others around me spit on God and I end up conforming to them. I don't spit on God but I hate arguing. I hate fighting. I hate it when I have to stand up for my faith when I'm doing by just saying "Hey, I'm a christian!" This seems so imperfect, but to God this is my "Perfect Place" to be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment