What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 2, 2015

A Call to Fast (and Pray)

  The Bible teaches us that fasting is a way to draw nearer to God, and to demonstrate seriousness when seeking the Lord in prayer. I believe that fasting, weather it be with food, media, or something else, shows God that we are serious in desiring Him more than food, or media. During these thirty days, I hope to prove this. I know it will be hard, it already is hard, but I hope that I will use this time, free from the distractions of media, to seek Him. I hope I don't just fast from media for a couple of weeks, only to binge back onto it again, forgetting what I learned from this experience. I hope that this time will encourage me to develop, and improve, habits and choices regarding my "media diet", and most importantly, my walk with God.

As I progress through this challenge, I ask that you would pray for me to keep going strong and grow in my walk with Him. To all my fellow media fast members, I will pray the same for you.

Myles.

4 comments:

  1. We're in this together buddy, I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you Myles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you too. Thanks for your commitment to strengthen your spiritual muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up guys. I'm praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete