What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Already Difficult

To all of my fellow sponsors, media fast members, and anybody else out there I can already sense a change. It's amazing how just a day can change the way I look at things, today I realized how much media takes part in my life. I found myself with lots of free time that I would at any other time just be on media. It isn't easy just changing a regular schedule like that, and tomorrow now that I am heading to school I'm sure it will be much more difficult. Please pray for me, and all of the other people doing the media fast as I bet they're in the same boat as me.

3 comments:

  1. Keep strong... more challenges to come, but you can do anything through your faith in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Nate! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been great getting to know you Nate. Looking forward to great things through this media fast.

    ReplyDelete