What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Easier With Time

This media fast has gone by so fast, I mean we're already halfway through. When we first started I expected it to drag on and feel like forever. At first it was hard for me, I was constantly tempted by phone and tv, but I decided that whenever I would think about going on social media I would instead read the Bible, and it has actually been getting easier as time goes on. Sure I miss my favorite tv shows and want to know whats going on on social media, but when I'm not thinking about it and just living my life, it doesn't inconvenience me that much. I never realized how much time I was spending on media until I wasn't able to spend any time on it. I find that I had been spending hours and hours on my phone that could have been used for so much more. Now I have more time to read the Bible and be productive. The media fast is not only letting me grow closer to God, but has also allowed me to see how little I actually "need" media.
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment