What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Halfway

We are now officially at the halfway point of this media fast, and I am happy to say that so far I have been media free. It is a great feeling being off of media, but yet I feel that it hasn't been distracting me most of this week. I've been very busy, and this week was probably one of the toughest weeks of my life. Not because of the media, but because our family had to put our beloved dog frizzle down on Sunday. It's really hard to lose someone that you care about so much, especially when it was as unexpected as it was. I know it was for the best however, and that frizzle is enjoying himself in doggie heaven. Since then, I have not even focused what so ever on media. I have no desire to think about it which is good, please pray for me and my family as this has been a very tough week. I hope that everyone else is staying strong in their media fast. I know that this week will be hard for me, but I still am trusting that God will draw good both out of the media fast and out of my tough times. After all God is good and he does good things. Congrats on hitting the halfway point! My prayers with all of you for the next half, and thank you sponsors for all of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment