What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Almost Done...

          As week three draws to an end, my whole family is sick with the flu, including me. Ugg. I hope I can get better in time to be at Stay 2 Serve. But, this sickness was a blessing in disguise. This week an important project was due in my language arts class. There were four projects due this school year, one for each quarter. I reviewed the packet I received at the beginning of the year and found the due date for this quarter. It was set for the 19th. I clarified with my buddies in a different class since they usually have the same due dates (this is a grade wide project). However, they said that the due date is the 23rd. I also asked one of my friends in my class and they said that it was due on the 23rd as well. I dismissed my suspicion and assumed that the packet had a typo. Yesterday, the 20th, one of my friends was texting me and asked me how I am going to get my project in by spring break. Suspicious, I asked her if the due date was the 23rd or the 19th. She replied and said that it was actually due the 19th! If I had not been sick, I would have had to turn my project in late and, as a result, would have points deducted. Though it isn't fun to be sick, I'd say it is worth it to get a project turned in "on time". Thanks God!!!
😃😃😃

⭐Plz continue to pray for me for the remaining 10 days, especially during Stay 2 Serve! 
Stay 2 Serve is from March 26th through the 28th.⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment