What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, March 24, 2018

feelin good :))

It's day 24 of the media fast and I have never felt so connected with my family, friends, and most importantly, God. The first few days of March I found myself picking up my phone to check for notifications because I was so attached to my social media accounts and I felt like I needed to know what was going on all of the time. I feel so much different now. I have more time to spend reading God's word and reflecting. Instead of reaching for snapchat, I have been going through some daily devotions in my Bible app. I've been feeling less stressed and I am focusing on things that are actually worth my time. Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. God is doing awesome things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment