What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Open eyes

It is day 24 and I am happy to say this has become normal. Not only that, but i'm loving it, and i'm sad it is going to be over soon. My whole life I have grown up being told, God is always here, he is always with you. But I have never really felt like he was. This media fast has allowed me to grow so much closer to him. Now, I feel like he is right by my side, helping me through everything. And as cliche as it sounds, it feels like a missing part of me has been filled. Like the part of me that wasn't content with who and where I am in life, is content. And all the credit goes to spending more time off media, and focusing on God instead. Sometimes it's hard when all my friends are on their phone, looking at things. But then I am reminded that it kind of sucks to be glued to these devices because you miss so much. For example I got this camera app that I have been taking a lot of pictures of God's creation with. Getting off instagram, and opening my eyes to see everything that I have been blessed with has been amazing. It is almost embarrassing to remember how much I was on my phone before. And it always makes me giggle when I see groups of kids with their eyes glued to their screens, because I know what they are missing. God has opened my eyes, and I am so thankful. Please pray that I continue this way even when the fast is over. Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment