What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Last Week

Tomorrow is Stay 2 Serve and I am so excited! This is my first year doing it and I'm kind in the middle of being nervous and excited. I can't wait to work with the kids and to teach them and bring them closer to God. The media fast has been good even though on our field trip last week everyone was on their phones the whole bus ride. At least my friend brought slime so I can occupy myself. To be honest, I don't really want to go back to media after March 30th. Yeah I want to watch my shows but I think to myself, "What a wonderful world that God has created and being on secular media has drawn me away from it". I'm thankful for the people who are praying for me and supporting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment