What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 30, 2018

It's Almost Over!

I can't believe the Media Fast is already almost over.  To be honest, it has changed my life in many ways.  I realize how much I have been on my phone, and how much social media has been pulling me away from God.  So much of life has passed me by while I am on my phone.  I have missed out on many things.  That is a hard thing to realize, but I know now, and I won't let it happen again.  I have been keeping a Gratitude Journal this month, naming three things each day I am grateful for.  I have been reading my Bible a lot.  In fact, I read through the Book of Esther and some of the Book of Proverbs.  I am also working on daily devotionals on my Bible App. 

Stay 2 Serve was amazing.  I loved teaching all the little kids about God and Jesus, and how Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  The language barrier was hard, though, because sometimes the kids couldn't understand what we were saying.  Sometimes the kids could understand the basic concepts of what we were saying, but all the time, the kids could understand our smiles and laughter.  God has changed my life in so many ways this month, and I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment