What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Home Stretch

For every person who participates in any kind of fast, there is the home stretch where your mind takes over. You start thinking about the day after your fast, the things you can finally do (watch, listen to, read, play) when it's all over. The problem with this thinking is that we begin to forget what we have done and why we did it. Here's some questions everyone needs to wrestle with this week:

  • What was I fasting from?
  • Why was I fasting from it?
  • How has this fast changed me? My stress? My everyday life?
  • What have I been doing to grow closer to God during my fast and how can I keep that moving forward?
This is when leaders become leaders... when they recognize how a decision they have made has made their life better or worse... then responding to it to continue to be successful. 

Success during this fast IS NOT avoiding media... it was to remove something in our lives that was taking up time we could spend, growing closer to God. My hope and prayer is that you have grown closer to God through taking time to read His Word, prayer, memorizing Scripture, and listening to music that helps you focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment