What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Another one bites the dust

Well here we are, the media fast is half way finished. I honestly thought that I would have a hard time with letting go of media for a month but it's been really nice not being on it. Of course there have been some times where I really wanted to listen to or watch something that wasn't focused on God but then I remembered why I am doing this, to take a step back from the worries of the world. One of the hardest things for me this week was people talking about playing video games and being on social media. However with finals coming up for me I am glad that I can't play games or be distracted by social media, I will have more time to study and prepare for finals. Any way I am looking forward to enjoying the rest of this media free month and I'm praying for everyone who is doing the fast that they will succeed and not be tempted.

-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment