What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 12, 2018

First time and I am excited (sorry for the very late message)

Hello my name is Robert Pierce I am in the 9th grade and I am starting out my first 30 Day media fast. To start off my media fast my family and I are very interactive when it has come to these past few weeks we have had bible study,Board Games,Christian DVDS/Sermons and many more but before I get into these activites I must read my daily Devotional which is called make it a habit.This Devotion has been a very big impact on me while I am on this media fast. Pastor Matt Matzke has told us that a habit can develop from a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 40 days and this has made me think of why I do the 30 day media fast so that I can develop a habit to were I can get closer to god and even read our bible even more or for a start.This impacts me because I use a lot of media and it can mostly take up the rest of my day or most of my day and now realizing that is drawing me even further away from god.But for these weeks I have been reading through the book of exodus and this can show me big examples as well of why I put all of my trust in god.I know that we have been by now 2 weeks but I just ask that you can please pray for me throughout the process

No comments:

Post a Comment