What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9th Day -_- "1st Blog"


Hey guys,
So after trying over 9 different times to figure out how to post this blog, I have finally mastered it out and turns out i have a 3 year old Blogspot account that had built up Micro Pc dust. eh who knew?. huh. anyways. My last nine days have been a very interesting challenge for me! Considering like 20 of the Best Movies came on Tv that i couldnt watch! ='( Its kinda hard... And this show called NCIS Just happens to be my favorite show... of all time! And it just happend to come on about 14 times these last nine days, But when i found myself looking away from the Tv show that just came on, that i obviously cant watch! I had Found myself having a brief little tiny thaught about somthing. Saying "You know i watch this show more then i read my Bible" Which is very true as well as sad! ='( And if ive gotten one good thing out of this fast is that i should always put Christ first in front of everything i do. He should be at the top of my list of daily activity's. So... Ive thought up this plan, its a 4 step way we should live our lives. #1 Put God First No matter what!. #2 Love your neighbor as yourself. #3 Live today like its your last day, In a christ like manner! Like. The last person you talk to leave the conversation in a good way, be happy, forgive the people who hurt you. And pray for them. Help eachother out in anyway possible. And always think like christ. and #4 always obey the holy spirit. I pray that i would be able to live like this in "Everything" i do "Everyday". Please pray that id be able to do stay on the right path to God, and that i Read my Bible, as well as being able to endure these last 22 days of this fast. =) Thanks for reading and praying for me. "Oh and i thought i might ad, "Before Their Eyes" is now my new favorite christian band. There really good. Look em up =)"

~Gabriel C.~

No comments:

Post a Comment