What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pretty Cool!

I'm already starting to like where this is headed. . . . now that i have less distractions, i've been able to have a couple of good chats with my mom, play card games with my sister, do random stuff with my brother, and explain what a snipe is to my siblings with the help of my dad. :) tee hee. i've been writing stuff, too. . . . i've been connecting with God by writing songs and poetry and the works. i think it's pretty cool. the shower has also been dubbed my favorite place to pray. hah! ! the other night, i read some of 1 John, and because of it, i've decided to really focus on loving people for the duration of this month. so we'll see how that goes. i really hope that i can keep some of this up even after the fast is done. :-D

4 comments:

  1. Keishi!!!! You need to show me your songs (: after all i have showed you mine! I need to write some more cause i have been going through a writing withdrawl recently... need to get back into that cause its one of the ways i vent my feelings! tell me if you need help with the music and writing chords for it. (: cause i can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna hear once its finished ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here! that's why i want to pick up guitar some day. . . . so i can put all of those thoughts to music. i think that i've found my new favorite form of worship! and since i stink at praying because i STILL cant ever keep focused on what i'm saying, it's like i can sing a prayer, instead. hmmm. . . . maaaybe i'll let you guys see them. . . . possibly. ;) and if i do let you, kylie, then you have dibs on putting them to music. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH! I call dibs in being the conductor! Then I get to wave the stick....hehehe =]

    ReplyDelete