What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 16, 2015

Closer to God

I made it half way through, and I'm feeling closer to God and my family through this experience. I have had some rough spots though, so I found a few verses to help me past them. One of the first verses that I always think of to help me resist temptation is 1 Corinthians 10:13, which says, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." This verse has helped me during this fast, as well as many times in the past. It always reminds me that God knows what we're going through and will always make a way out for us. I feel like, through the temptations to listen to music and watch TV, ect. that God is bringing me closer, and teaching me more about Him. I feel like I'm learning to trust God to help me through the hard times, both during this fast, and throughout life. Although I know I am far from perfect, I think God is shaping me and teaching me through the media fast.

I would also like to thank all my sponsors for encouraging me and praying for me, I really love and appreciate it! I can't reiterate enough how much you help me to keep going, and how encouraging it is to know that I have so many people who are supporting me!

I will be praying for all of you doing the media fast alongside me.

-Myles

No comments:

Post a Comment