What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

On my heart

Hey guys,
You are all on my heart in prayer, and I want to encourage you all to keep going strong in the media fast! I pray that you all feel Christ close to you and all around you, and that you surrender fully to Him. That is something I've been learning lately. Usually, I'm the kind of person that takes a problem head on, and keeps it to myself or only confides in one person, so as not to upset anyone else. Sometimes keeping things to yourself is not healthy for your mental or physical state, and it can help in the healing or coping process to share what you are going through with someone. You might say, "I cant tell anyone because they will judge me, or tell everyone else" and you might be right, I would probably say that too, but there is One person who will never judge you, never spread rumors about you, and never gossip or tell anyone else. This person is the person who knew no sin. Jesus Christ. He is waiting to fellowship with you, to cry with you to laugh with you, He will always be there for you, no matter what you may need at that time. Just think about that for a minute, the creator of the whole world, He who knew no sin, the beginning and the end, the one HUGE, infinite being; He is there right beside you, holding your hand and giving you a shoulder to cry on. He calls us His friends, His family, and He loves us more than we could ever imagine. The God of the whole universe wants to have a personal relationship with you, with me, with all those who He has called to be His children, and through everything, He will be right there beside us. He gives us His peace that passes all understanding in the midst of trials and he comforts our hearts and minds in the middle of affliction. In no way does this mean our lives will be easy, but it will be so worth it when we can live forever with Christ in heaven. Sometimes God gives us challenges that are very difficult, to either test our faith, or grow our faith, or make us surrender to Him. That is what is on my heart.
Also on my heart are my good friends Stephen and Noelle, whose niece Ella was born prematurely and died within the same minute of birth. I would like to ask for prayers on my friends and their family, especially Ella's mother. Thank you, and good luck with the media fast. I love you all.
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment