What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Oh, We're Halfway There...

It it officially the halfway point of March. We're halfway through the marathon, half a donut left, the glass is half full (or half empty; depends on your perspective). I have honestly really enjoyed this month so far . I never realized how much time I was giving to my media. Sometimes I found myself at a loss for something to do, and I realized that at this point I would most likely solve this problem by "hopping on to Pinterest". I can't do that this month, so I found homework to do or a book to read instead. I have been trying to be as interactive face-to-face with my friends as possible because I am trying to limit my texting conversations. I feel like that builds my friendship, and it helps me prevent gossip or destructive things that I might say to someone if I were texting them. I thank God that He is showing me that media is not the only thing out there. I am trying to focus more on thinking about the sermons on Sundays and the things we discuss on Thursdays. I hope you all have had a meaningful first half of the media fast. Thank you to all of my sponsors, and thank you to all those participating. You're in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment