What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Road so Far...

 The media fast is halfway done, and I feel closer to my family and friends all around me, already. I am glad to have taken to this commitment and I have struggled with the tests that have been put before me, but each time that I seem to fail I notice that I am picked right back up by the grace of God and brought forth again. For example, if you did not already know I am mostly a stay at home guy, looking for things to do to pass the time and almost any chance that comes my way to leave the house I take. Recently a group friends had invited me to a party, and not necessarily the good kind. Instead of going, something had tugged on me to instead invite them over and keep both, them and myself out of dark and enjoy ourselves with something less careless. God is great, and I am proud to be a follower and help those who are not to see his light shine.

 Thank you, to all my sponsors, friends and family who may be reading this. I wouldn't be able to do this without your support. Also thanks Matt, for being there putting things that are unclear into a different perspective to where I can understand, don't where I'd be without that.

No comments:

Post a Comment