What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Yeah, I Know This Is Late

Yeah, so I know that the fast is more than half way over and this is my first post, but better late than never, right? Blogging just isn't my thing, but I'm going to give it a shot. These past few weeks I have been so busy. Even without the distractions of media, I found myself struggling to find time to focus on God. I was so worried about AP tests, midterms, homework, and colleges. Then recently I realized two things: first, this is only my junior year, and the second thing was that ultimately God is control. I was trying to find my own way instead of listening to God's plans for my life. With this new mindset, I've been able chill (for lack of a better term) a little more. Two verses that have helped me with that are Jeremiah 29:1 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope," and 1 Peter 5:6-7 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 
Have an amazing week. I love and am praying for you all.
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment