What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Halfway Point!

I've made it this far succesfully, and I hope all of you have too.  I still am grateful for what my sponsors have done for me, by encouraging me.  I realize that without so much media,  my mind isn't always thinking about it.  Even when I had other stuff to do, I would think about a movie, video game, or good book that I was reading.  Without it, I have time to think about stuff that I have to be happy about, all that God has given me, such as friends, family, pets, food, a house, and the privilege to talk to him whenever we want to, either through his word, or by having a conversation with him through prayer.  I pray that everyone will do well for the rest of the fast, and if you haven't, don't give up!  Whatever time we have left is perfect for letting yourself focus on God, and not letting the world have such a strong grip on us that it usually has.  Good job and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment