What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 8, 2015

One Down, Three To Go

As I said yesterday, I have survived the first week. It was not always easy, but I know that God helped me (and all of us) through it. Thank you to all of those who are sponsoring me and/or praying for me; I really appreciate it and it means a lot. Thank you to all of those participating in the media fast; it takes great trust in Him to fast from something that we are in constant bombardment of. I pray that all of you are seeing the good things this experience is bringing about, and I pray that we will be challenged and stretched in a way that helps us see God. As Pastor Craig said in the sermon today, we do not come up with the ideas or the "Oh, I get it's" of God and Jesus, but rather, the Holy Spirit gives these to us; it is the spotlight that shines a beacon on Jesus Christ. I think that this is definitely the time the Holy Spirit will be shining a spotlight on Jesus as we fast from our distractions and lift our eyes to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment