What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Long Week

I finally got through the first week successfully, though I can't say it was really that much of a challenge for me. It has been a long week though. I have been so busy with school and other extracurricular activities, that I don't have time for much media. When I do though, I find myself very bored, and very tempted to listen to that one song, or watch a short movie clip, or play a video game.  I think that the Pause series has been the best one that we've had, since I find myself pausing, thinking that sure, my parents and sponsors might be dissapointed, but the person it would dissapoint the most is God, the one I love the most.  The media fast is a pladge between you and God to devote time specifically to him, in place of the things that controll our life the most.  Going back to the Remote series, I think that this is the perfect time to give the remote to God, and let him control your life, since media is often a huge controller.  

I wanted to thank my sponsors for talking to me, and praying for me to get through this month.  I hope that everyone else will be successful, and will learn alot spiritually from this challenge.  
Love in Christ,
        Brandon

1 comment:

  1. Great insight, Brandon... it's awesome seeing God work in you through this

    ReplyDelete