What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 8, 2018

1 week ✅

I have officially made it through the first week of the media fast! I am not going to lie that it was hard and I did struggle a little. I was able to stay away from all media the whole week but I was tempted a little. I think the biggest problem for me was to not watch tv or a movie when I was bored. I was able to focus more on homework and priorities without the distractions of media! I think that this week will be a lot easier because I have gotten more used to it and it's getting easier everyday! I'm excited for the weeks to come on. Thank you for all the help and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment