What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 4, 2018

LAST YEAR

So this is my last year doing the media fast (at least while in high school). This has already been pretty difficult for me. For the past few months I’ve been been really struggling with my faith. As many of you may know, one of my closer friends passed away a little over three months ago which really lead me to struggle with my faith. I started to go down the wrong path. What I don’t think many people realize is how much music affects your mood and your actions. I definitely didn’t realize this, which really lead to some trouble. I started getting lower grades in my classes, started a relationship that was not Christ centered, and just started to hang out with an overall bad crowd. Even though this media fast has just started, I have already seen a change in my life. I have brought up my grades slightly (as it only has really been 3 days), ended my relationship, and am trying to hang out with a different group. All of this from only three days of more positive music and devotional. I’m very excited to see what god can do with me and what he can do through me. I’m grateful to have so many of you to hold each other accountable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment