What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 5, 2018

My First Time!!!!

I am Lily Bone I am a 6th grader at Caleb Greenwood. I am a little frustrated and excited about the media fast. Now that I'm off media I'm starting to realize that I'm on media a lot more than I knew I was. I come home and all I want to do is watch the Flash, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or read a book. But I cant. So I do my homework to get my mind off things. But that doesn't work.So then I go Netflix to see if I can watch something and then I find a movie called "I'm In Love With A Church Girl" I was a little confused because all I could think of at the time was that song "I'm In Love With A Church Girl''. And then I go on Vudu to see if I could rent some movie like the prince of Egypt but I had already watched it and then I remembered the movie "God's Not Dead" so on Sunday  me and my family watched "Gods Not Dead" and then I said to my self after watching the movie I think Ill be able survive this media fast a little longer.


                                                                             --Lily Bone
Hello Hello this is Tyler Bone I am a seventh grader at Kit Carson International Academy. Right at the begging of my media fast i had a sleepover with a friend from school. My friend is not a christian and when i told him i was doing a media fast he broke up laughing and said it was cringy that i was taking a break from the media to focus on god. not very encouraging but i lived. when we the sleepover was over i think he left my house understanding more about how church works and why i am a christian. when he left i started to play my guitar and look at the rain. i had already noticed that the media fast was having an affect on me. right then and there i prayed and thanked god for good friends, music, rain, and that the media fast was already working. after i prayed i started to sing what i was feeling and put it together into a worship song. its not my best but its god for a solid 5 mins of writing. i plan to have a better understanding of this fast and the bible and at the end of the fast i want to put some of my songs on a disc and give it to some fam and friends. looking forward to this.

Tyler Bone 

No comments:

Post a Comment