What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Never ending

Well, the first week is almost done. I have to say I have not missed media as much as I thought I would. I have been reading in the book of John this last week and I realized how never ending God’s love really is, all of the stuff that Jesus went though he could have just stopped it all with a word but he didn’t, his love never ended. At the start of this month I expected to learn more about the Bible and come closer to God, this one week that has gone by has proven that that is possible, over the span of these last seven days I have understood more of the Bible than what I had understood in the last two months. I hope that my progress with understanding God and the Bible will advance as much as it has in the last week over the rest of this media fast. Praying for everyone who is doing the fast and hopping they are learning more about God.

-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment