What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 4, 2018

It's official


Hi this is Hudson Jones. I am in 7th grade at Victory Christian School. This is my first official media fast, but I have done it for the past several years along with my older sisters. It is hard to give out a letter to someone asking them to sponsor me. But I have seen that people have responded generously and graciously. One of my teachers at school even told me that sometimes he takes a break from media and being free from a screen seems a lot better. For me, it has been hard to give up watching TV shows. I have seen in years past that in the end having a break from media always helps me calm down and helps me be more interactive in my daily activities. Although the other years that I’ve done this it didn’t seem too hard, this year it seems more official and there is a purpose at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment