What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 4, 2018

My First Year

Hi, this is Abi McLean.  This is my first year doing the media fast at Arcade.  Today is day 4 and my biggest challenge so far has been giving up listening to music.  However, Since giving up all media I do feel like I have had more free time to focus on God.  This month is defiantly going to be a challenge for me, but I think it is going to help me break habits of turning to an electronic device when I am bored.  I am hoping by the end of the fast I will have gotten into a routine of reading out of my Bible, if even for just a few minutes, each day.   I think that overall this month will be a very positive experience for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment