What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Survived Week One!

     Yay! I made it through the first week of my first Media Fast! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but, there were still a couple of temptations to break the fast. One example is when I finished all my work in class and everyone was just playing games. Knowing I wasn't allowed to do that I sat there and waited to wait for the bell to ring (which was luckily only like 3 minutes). Other than things like that (temptations) everything is going pretty good. I read my bible a lot more often than I did before and I feel more connected to God as well. Now this is only after one week and I know God still has more for me during the rest of this month. I can't wait to see what it is he has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment