What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Final [Official] Year

Hi everyone,
For those who don't know me, my name is Katie Green, and I am a former high school student that was reasonably involved in Arcade Church. On June 26, I graduated from high school, and on June 27, I moved south to San Luis Obispo. I moved because I was offered a full-time position with a company, and I felt that it would be a really great experience to prepare myself for the rest of life. It was a very abrupt change, and I know that it caused a lot of confusion and bitterness in some areas, but I'm at the beginning of a very different chapter of my life, and I'm really excited about it, and it's my hope that other people will be just as excited and supportive. To clarify, I did move by myself, and being a minor, I have had a billion issues arrive from being alone. Just a couple weeks ago I went to the San Luis Obispo library hoping to use a specific computer program... I couldn't even get a library card without a parent's signature. I've had other complications as well, but I've been fortunate to surround myself with some really amazing people. I found a church that I absolutely love, a bible study/church group that I'm interested in, and a small handful of girls, mentors, coworkers, etc. that I really look up to and enjoy. Regardless, I miss the people in Sacramento, and lots of things are really different and weird right now. My goal this month (since that's what the actual prompt asks) is to solidify my identity as a person here by centering back and solidifying my foundation in Christ. I don't have any real attachments to faith based communities like I did in Sacramento, so I think I will do a lot of learning and growing and defining in the next month. Also, having a more set schedule for the first time in my life, I want to put things into my calendar like bible time and journal time (and once things are in my calendar now... they ABSOLUTELY get done). Aside from scheduling, I'm going to do something called growthTRACK starting in March with the church that I've been attending. It's like a class sort of thing that helps you find a fit in the church. It seems like they could potentially have a worship need which is something I really miss, and I'm really excited to see what comes out of the class and the month in general. I'm a little lost and not very updated in regards to the media fast right now, so please be considerate if it takes me a minute to understand exactly what all is going on if you contact me. And I seriously encourage anyone/everyone to contact me! I miss people so much and I'd love to get an email from a friend or from a stranger and just talk to them. My email is ktgreen2018@gmail.com If this blog was sort of sporadic and unstructured, I apologize, but I will happily fill in gaps via email or via another requested blog post. Thanks everyone!!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment