What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 2, 2018

First Media Fast!

Hi, my name is Anna Jewell. This is the first time I will be taking part in the media fast. I am very excited for this month because I spend so much of my time using media and without it I hope to grow closer to God. During this month my goal is to lose some of my habits that take up so much of my time, such as constantly checking social media. And also to create new habits, like consistently reading my bible and doing a daily devotional. I can't wait to see the results of this month! Please pray for me to have the mental strength to complete the fast and to use the time I would spend using media to grow closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment