What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 2, 2018

My first time!

Hi my name is Jessica! I am a 6th grader at bridgeway island k-8 and I am both excited and nervous to do this media fast! I’m looking forward to connecting with God more and making a habit out of connecting with Him whether it’s on the media fast or not. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me in the next 30 days... i find it hard to not always text my friends or go on some sort of media, so this is definitely a change that I can’t wait to see what God will do in my life. I’ve been doing the devotions and memorizing the verse for the week. Again, I am both excited and nervous about these 30 days of the media fast but I feel that I will do fine with God’s help!

No comments:

Post a Comment