What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Didn't Think it Would be that Hard!

Hi, I'm Aleksandra. I'm a 6th grader at COA Elementary. This is my first time doing a media fast and it's very tempting to listen to music or watch movies with family. I honestly didn't think it would be this hard because I'm not that attached to media but, I've found it to be pretty hard. Even though it sucks to be missing out, I kind of enjoy it. I am working on the scriptures and going through them. Since I have a lot of free time now, I've been reading the Bible more often than I used to. I'm excited to see what God has in store for me for the next 30 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment