What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

My First Year (and not my last)

Hello, my name is Jordan Gilbert, I am a Freshman and this is my first year doing the Media Fast. I am excited to fast from all secular media for a whole month. I am usually on YouTube, social media, and video games a lot so I am happy for a chance to drop all of that and focus on God for the month of March. My goals for the next thirty days are to learn more and grow closer to God and learn to take a step back from everything in the world.

To help me stay away from the temptations of media I have turned off and moved all of my secular apps to a folder. Since I get bored very easily I have downloaded apps on my phone that are about the Bible, they teach you more about the Bible and God while helping you memorize Bible verses. A hard part for me is at school, there are always people playing music and there are several classes that music is required for presentations.

This is the first time that I will be doing this and I wish everyone good luck and I will be praying for everyone doing the fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment