What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Here we go!

My name is Zachary Lenhart and this is the beginning of my second media fast. I did the media fast last year and was thankful that it opened my eyes to see the negative aspect that the media plays in our lives every day. Since going through the media fast last year, I have cut back on my usage of media (except for music) tremendously. However, I know that the media still changes my focus from God to unimportant things. I am looking forward to another month away from all secular media and to turn my full attention to God. During this fast, it will be very difficult for me to not listen to country music or to watch television (probably basketball) every day because they are things that I enjoy doing and have a habit of doing. Overall, I know that the fast will benefit me and help me grow closer to God which I am really happy about, but it will be a struggle for at least a few days if not each and every day. I wish everyone who is doing the fast good luck and I know that we can all do this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment