What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 2, 2018

Day 2

Hi! My name is Camille Kistner and I am super excited to be participating in my first media fast. Today is the second day and I already feel separated from the secular world and I am loving it. I think it's going to get harder as it goes on to stay away from some of my favorite music and tv shows.  I hope that during these 30 days, I will develop new habits and when the media fast is over, that I won't go back to my old habits of constantly having to be busy checking social media.  I can't wait to see what God is going to do in the lives of all of us doing this fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment